Thursday, April 21, 2016

A few thoughts and inspirations...

 Two things have brought about a whirl of inspiration to me. Unfortunately, time for these inspirations is lacking, but I'm still holding onto the dreams till I can do them. Which, is coming along. Slowly. The first inspiration came to me in a book I received in the mail. It is titled The Illustrated Compendium of Amazing Animal Facts written and illustrated by Maja Safstrom. Oh, it was quite sweet and I plan to give it to my soon to be seven year old for his birthday. He is a big animal fact kinda guy. But it was the fun playful art in this book that really charmed me. Here is what the cover looks like....                         .



This will give you an idea of Maja Safstrom's art. It really inspired me to one day get my ideas in order and get a kid book off the ground with my ransom note watercolors.
Now, I just need to figure out how to make that happen.

Next inspiration was watching the new Jungle Book movie. I really am on a mission to paint as many of a variety of animals as I can squeeze in to my life. To be able to paint them for a little while is like being able to have them....like a pet.....for just that time that the painting is being made.

It's good to have goals!

No comments: